Friday, February 12, 2016

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.....

Back in the 80's and 90's when I was active in the local camera club, one of the rules for entering a nature competition was the photograph could not show the "hand of man." Any photo with something man made in it would not qualify in the nature competition category, even cultivated garden flowers would be a no no. With the blog name being Maine Nature Photos, I've tried to stick to those guidelines when posting photos but this isn't a competition so I don't need to stick to strict rules. A good example is today's photo, a man made object in a natural setting, it may not qualify in a nature competition but I still think it's appealing. Pemaquid Point is one of the iconic, and oft photographed lighthouses in Maine, but this was actually the first time I ever photographed it.

No comments: